This is a service available for pay-as-you-go customers. It allows you, the customer, to borrow airtime when you run out, and pay for it on your next recharge.
Now customers can also share the airtime they have borrowed with the MTN Xtra Time Share service, with a small transaction fee of just K0.220 per transaction.
Sign up is free.
Available to all MTN Zambia pre-paid subscribers, who are able to register for free by dialling
1. Available to all MTN Zambia pre-paid subscribers who are able to register for free by dialling
2. Customers are required to have a minimum of K0.100 to access this service.
3. Only customers who have been on the network for 90 days or more will be allowed to access this service.
4. The amount a customer is able borrow will be dependent on their average usage in the previous 30 days.
5. This service will not be available to the following customers:
6. MTN reserves the right to revise mechanics of this service at any time.
7. MTN Xtra Time airtime can only be used for the following services:
8. A customer can share a minimum of K1 and a maximum of K50 per day.
9. A transaction fee of K0.220 will be charged per transfer.
10. Customers can check up to 5 MTN Xtra Time Share transactions by dialling
*326# and selecting the 'Advanced History' option.
11. Customers can share MTN Xtra Time with more than one number.
12. Customers can receive MTN Xtra Time from more than one number
Q: Who can access this service?
The service is open to all MTN pre-paid numbers. The amount customers can borrow will be dependent on their average usage in the previous 30 days.
Q: How do I access this service?
Q: How much airtime do I need to have to access MTN Xtra Time?
Customers will be required to have a minimum of K0.100 to access this service.
Q: What services can I use with the MTN Xtra Time
MTN Xtra time airtime can only be used for the following services:
Q: Will I be able to roam with MTN Xtra Time?
Yes, customers will have access to roaming services.
Q: How much MTN Xtra Time can I borrow?
The amount a customer can borrow will be dependent on their average usage in the previous 30 days.
See table below
Q: How many times can I borrow MTN Xtra Time?
MTN Xtra Time advance is given as many times as requested, as long as the customer meets the requirements and has paid back the previous advance in full.
Q: Can I borrow some more MTN Xtra Time?
Customers should have no pending or unpaid airtime advances in order to borrow a further airtime advance.
Q: Can I use my MTN Xtra Time airtime to buy bundles?
Q: Can I use my MTN Xtra Time for browsing?
Q: Can I use my MTN Xtra Time for Time2Share?
MTN Xtra Time airtime can be shared, dial *326# and select an option to 'Share'.
Q: Will I be charged for sharing MTN Xtra Time?
Yes, a transaction fee of K0.220 is charged.